Written By Damilola Faustino
First, it was Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook who visited Lagos Nigeria.
Now, Lagos is abuzz again as the CEO of one of the biggest tech companies in the world is visiting the Centre of Excellence for the #GoogleForNigeria event.
We expect Google’s CEO to make some interesting announcements. And of course, we hope he would endorse Nigerian Jollof rice just like Zuckerberg did!
Meanwhile, as you know, we also do our digging, here are 7 things you probably didn’t know about Sundar Pichai.
- He was born in Chennai in the state of Tamil Nadu, India, in 1972. His full name is Pichai Sundararajan.
- His wife is Anjali Pichai, and he has 2 kids – a son and a daughter.
- Before joining Google, he did management consulting with McKinsey & Company.
- He joined Google in 2004. He joined to lead product management for Google Chrome and Chrome OS.
- He was just appointed CEO of Google in 2015 but has been responsible for day-to-day operations at Google since October 2014.
- Google’s launch of Alphabet Inc as its parent company paved the way for Pichai to take over from Larry Page as CEO.
- In February 2014, Pichai was rumoured to be in active negotiations with Microsoft to become its CEO.