Tired of the endless use of stews with almost every dish? Reward your taste buds with variety! The Brown Chicken Sauce can be eaten with rice, plantain and just about everything!!! I can promise that it will leave you licking your plates clean.
- Chicken (obviously)
- Cream milk
- Spring onions
- Boil chicken with garlic, ginger, thyme, curry, maggi and salt till it’s tender.
- Fry the chicken
- In another pot, melt 100g of butter.
- Add onions, garlic, ¼ cup of flour and fry together till the flour starts browning.
- Add a ½ cup of cream milk and the remaining water left from boiling the chicken.
- Make sure to taste! Add more of maggi, salt or thyme if you feel that it is a little too bland for your taste buds.
- Boil till the sauce thickens (Usually around 20 minutes.)
- Add in the chicken.
- Sprinkle your chopped spring onions as well as any other vegetable of your choosing.
Written by Sophie Ajaero