By Damilola Faustino
Moi Moi is a food that mostly serves as an add-on in most meals, but it is actually a main dish that is rich in protein and other nutrients. It is usually eaten with meals such as Jollof Rice, Fried Rice, Fried Plantain, Custard, Akamu (Pap, Ogi) etc. It can even be eaten alone as a snack. Here is how to prepare tasty Moi Moi.
- Ground crayfish
- 1 habanero pepper, ground nutmeg, Tatashe peppers
- Big onions
- vegetable oil
- Salt and seasoning
- Blend the beans, tatashe or tomato puree, onions, crayfish, habanero pepper and ground nutmeg together with some of the water and pour the mix into a big enough bowl.
- Add the vegetable oil
- Slowly add the remaining water and stir the mixture at the same time till you get a good mix of all the ingredients.
- Add salt to taste and stir very well.
- Pad the base of the pot, pour some water and set on the stove.
- Dish the Moi Moi mix into containers of your choice, add eggs to each container, seal/cover and set them in the pot.
- The length of time you will cook your Moi Moi depends on the quantity and the Moi Moi container you used.