By Halima Bakenne
Once you have chosen a fitness lifestyle, you have to religiously follow through, which means you cannot be lazy. As a lot of us know, fitness is not just a one-off thing, so in order to help your journey, here are some great fitness challenge ideas that every girl should try.
The first thing everyone thinks about when they hear “squat challenge” is BOOTY and as much as that might be a great motivation for participating in this challenge, that is not the only thing you gain from it. To achieve that hourglass shape, squatting helps you to build your thigh and hip muscles. Besides giving you a rounder butt, squatting;
- Eases the passing of waste which is very good for your digestion.
- Being a low impact exercise, it doesn’t put a strain on your knees and back.
- Improves your circulation to help you get rid of cellulite.
- Does not require any equipment which makes it perfect to be done anywhere.
- Improves your structure and helps you build a better balance!
If you want to push your limits and be happy about the results, squatting is the perfect fitness challenge for you.
Push Ups And Planking Challenges
Helping to build your core muscles – arms, shoulders and back, they are never to be missed. Other benefits include;
- Increase in functional strength through full body activation as every major muscle in your body is used to carry out the exercise.
- Breathing health and vitality to your biceps and back muscles by stretching them.
- Because pushups make use of every major muscle in your body, it makes your heart work harder to deliver oxygen-rich blood to muscle tissue which ultimately results in an effective cardiovascular exercise.
Pushups generally support heart health and promote the reduction of stored body fat.
Helping you work on your fitness endurance, leg muscles and putting your stamina to test, a running challenge is perfect for your health.
- It helps you get fit.
- Makes you happier and sharper.
- Strengthens your knees and other joints too.
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
This is extremely helpful in ensuring that you are working on the RIGHT muscles in your body.
We don’t see a lot of this in Nigeria, probably because we are yet to understand how amazing it is. Cycling helps you;
- Improve your heart as active cycling decreases the chance of having high blood pressure.
- As a woman, no matter the age, cycling helps you lose fat and also lessens the chance of being diabetic.
Cycling is the best exercise to help you release those I-can-do-anything hormones so get to riding!
It’s time to get those fists up! This exercise challenge will help you;
- Enhance your cardiovascular health as the punching and kicking gets your heart rate up and blood-circulated.
- Increase your total body strength as kicking and punching requires engaging your upper body, lower body and core.
- Decrease stress by increasing endorphins, helps improve sleep and boosts your mood.
Besides the obvious self-defense lessons a boxing exercise challenge would give you, it helps you have toned arms for those short sleeve days to flaunt what you got!
So the next time you see any of these challenges come up on your social media feed, hop on the fitness train and be a part of it!
So pick up these challenges and share your journey with us in the comments section below.
Comments are visible after approval