Written by Eromosele Patrick Eidusi
Early this week, the internet went crazy when photos surfaced of Rihanna Kissing a Mystery man during her recent vacation in Spain.
His identity wasn’t known then, but as the hours passed, the Navy and various news outlets dug it up.
Reports have it that RiRi’s new boo is Saudi businessman Hassan Jameel.
Jameel comes from a very rich family, who owns Abdul Latif Jameel, the organization that owns the right to sell Toyota Motor Vehicle in Saudi Arabia and several other Middle Eastern countries.
Here are a couple of facts about Jameel and his relationship with RiRi:
1. The two actually could have been dating quietly for a while. As Jezebel points out, some super fans of Rihanna think it’s been the last six months, and the two met up in the Maldives, Japan, and maybe even New Year’ Eve.
According to UK tabloid, The Sun, a friend of the couple said, “She has kept this under wraps, but they have been together officially since January. This relationship is the real deal… They’ve been spending a lot of time away from prying eyes and are really serious. His family are also extremely wealthy and private. She was coming into the UK on a regular basis to see him”.
2. Jameel is also 29 years old and is rumored to be worth $1.5 billion. Mohammed Jameel is currently the president of Abdul Latif Jameel Co. – a company Jameel will one day inherit. The Jameel family ranked #12 on Forbes 2016 list of the World’s Richest Arabs, with a speculated net worth of $1.5 billion.
3. Jameel is the deputy president and vice chairman of Abdul Latiff Jameel Domestic. Fun Fact: He accepted a challenge from Guinness World Records in 2013 to break the world record for the world’s largest Toyota car parade. According to TMZ, that hasn’t happened yet.
4. Jameel family owns a soccer team.
5. Jameel may be the reason Naomi Campbell and Rihanna Had Drama. Campbell and Jameel were rumored to be an item last year when they were photographed getting cozy at the British Summer Time Festival in July.
RiRi and Campbell unfollowed each other on Instagram and on watch what happens live in March, Campbell had this to say when asked about it and whether there’s any feud: “Everything’s is fine,” then “I’m an actress now, Andy.”
6. Jameel, like Rihanna, is also involved in charity work. He is president of his family’s company Community Jameel Saudi Arabia, which “invest” in training, job creation and businesses aimed at helping communities transformed themselves,” the organization explains on its site.
“It’s also why we support and showcase art and artist to inspire and nurture worldwide.”
7. RiRi and Jameel are still living their best life together on vacay at Ibiza .
Photo credit: ELLE, Mailonline.