By Ugochi Obiajunwa
In the past, we featured simple steps essential for fixing the contact lens. Fixing and removing your lenses is a snap. After only a few tries, you’ll be a pro. Today’s article will be focusing on the right way to getting those beautiful lenses off your eyes in order to avoid any eye-irritation or damages. Here are a few tips to help you out:
Removing contact lenses
Always remove the same lens first.
- • Wash, rinse, and dry your hands thoroughly.
- • Always be sure that the lens is in the correct position on your eye before you try to remove it (a simple check of your vision, closing one eye at a time, will tell you if the lens is in the correct position).
- • Look up and slowly pull down your lower lid with the middle finger of your removal hand
- • Place your index finger on the lower edge of the lens.
- • Squeeze the lens lightly between the thumb and index finger and remove it. Avoid sticking the edges of the lens together.
- • Remove the other lens by following the same procedure.
These tips will help guide you, but always follow the advice of your eye care practitioner.