Forgiving doesn’t mean forgetting, nor does it mean that you’ve given the message that what someone did was okay. It just means that you’ve let go of the anger or guilt towards someone, or towards yourself. But that can be easier said than done. If forgiveness was easy, everyone would be doing it.
Hence, we’ve decided to collate some quotes that we hope would help you forgive that person that has hurt you;
1. Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future – Paul Boose
2. Sincere forgiveness isn’t coloured with expectations that the other person apologises or changes. Don’t worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time-just like it does for you and me – Sara Paddison
3. If we don’t forgive ourselves for mistakes we’ve made – and everybody’s made their choices, some worse than others – we’ll never experience the good life God has in store – Joel Osteen
4. Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much – Oscar Wilde
5. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong – Mahatma Gandhi
6. The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realise that the situation is over, you cannot move forward – Steve Maraboli
7. To err is human, to forgive, divine – Alexander Pope
8. Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart – Corrie ten Boom
9. True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience” – Oprah Winfrey
10. Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it – Mark Twain
11. To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness – Robert Muller
We hope this has inspired you to reach out to those that hurt you and let them know they are forgiven.